Job Title: Trainee Claims Handler
Salary: £14,250 - £15,000
Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
click here to read full description
Harvey McQueen are extremely pleased to be recruiting for our clients based in Bolton. They are looking for an enthusiastic trainee who is willing to learn, be part of a team and wants to start a career in a customer service / administration environment.
Our client and the role
As a Trainee Claims Administrator you will be working within the claims industry, providing administration support to the claims handlers. You will be required to work flexibly and be adaptable to business needs. This may involve assisting other departments with administration support as required.
• Customer Service
• Provide a courteous approach to all internal customers and suppliers.
• Assist claims team with follow-up calls, cover for busy periods and correspondence as required.
• Receiving, opening and distributing all incoming mail and email as required and within service standards for example reference, stamp, scan, index and distribution.
• Ensure cheques received in the post are referenced and handled securely in line with procedures to ensure receipt in the Finance Department.
• Ensure that paper records are disposed of within agreed timescales.
• Assisting with other administrative tasks including, photo-copying, scanning, indexing.
• Making payments to suppliers within pre-set guidelines and service targets.
• Maintaining computerised diaries.
• Liaising with repairers, independent engineers, and internal claims departments to ensure reports and estimates are received and actioned in accordance with our procedures and service targets.
• Collation of department statistical information
• Maintenance of all fax machines and printers
Pay Benefits and hours of work
• 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
• Full-time permanent role.
• Free on-site parking.
• Salary is equivalent to National Minimum Wage £14,250 to £15,000
Essential requirements for applying for this role
• At least 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (or equivalent e.g. NVQ Level 2) to include English and Maths.
• PC Literate – experience of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook would be helpful.
Desirable requirements for applying for this role
• Experience working in a customer service and business administration environment would be beneficial.
• Experience and knowledge of working in a similar role would be beneficial