Job Title: CNC
Salary: £13.50 per hour
Hours: 7.30 am - 4.30 pm with early finish on Friday
Harvey McQueen have vacancies available for CNC Programmer/Setter/Operator with manual milling and turning skills and CNC Lathe Operators to join one of our successful clients based in Bolton. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the manufacturing team, with front line responsibility for quality, cost, and delivery.
• Programme, Set, and Operate CNC machines (Turning and Milling), prove out new programs, inspect first off, when required perform back up check on colleague set ups.
• Manufacture products using conventional turning and milling machines when required.
• Willing to run one off’s, or large batch production runs.
• Capable of inspecting work produced during operations using measuring equipment to engineering drawings and reporting any quality defects to supervision
• Be part of the team responsible for all aspects of manufacturing and quality in the dept.
• Willingness to learn at all times and help develop new methods, procedures, tooling etc.
• Take part in all dept. activities, including any Lean/CI initiatives.
• CNC basic Programming is needed.
• To run lathe machines to the best of your ability and to maintain high-quality components.
• Candidates must be proficient in turning, milling and grinding.
• Working alongside skilled engineers and learning all areas of the business; specifically running lathe machines and maintaining high-quality standards in all aspects of production, from machine set up to clearing out machines.
Pay Benefits and Hours of work
• Working 7.30a.m. – 4.30p.m. Monday to Friday (early finish on a Friday)
• Pay dependent on experience £10 - £13.50 per hour
• Free Parking
• Pension scheme
Essential Requirements for applying for this role;
• Previous CNC experience
• The ability to set, program and operate a CNC
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings
• Ensuring the process is complete and monitor from start to finish