Harvey McQueen have an exciting new opportunity with a prestigious Law firm based in Blackburn. Due to expansion, we are looking for an URGENT immigration caseworker for this exceptional opportunity.
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING***:
. DEGREE IN LAW
Your new role :
You will be expected to manage your own workload which will include providing accurate and practical advice to clients on all aspects of UK Immigration, Asylum and British nationality law with particular emphasis on the following:
• Visa applications/Appeals – fiancé/spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner, student, general visitors, child visitors, family visitors, business visitors and sports visitors
• Settlement/indefinite leave to remain applications for Partner, Unmarried or same sex partner, children, adult dependent relatives or parent of child in the UK
• Entry clearance applications/Appeals in general
• Appeals – asylum and human rights
• Naturalization, Registration and British Citizenship
• Points based system applications – high value migrants (Tier 1 ), students (Tier 4), skilled workers (Tier 2) & Temporary workers (Tier 5)
• Switching from one Immigration category into another
• Liaising with UKBA over the telephone and keeping clients informed of the progress of their application.
• Keeping up to date on changes to UKBA policies and procedures and cascading knowledge as appropriate.
• File management and billing administration.
• Take part in the Immigration & Asylum Pro Bono Clinics to exercise the firm’s corporate social responsibility
• Will need to visit the Manchester office when required
Skills and qualifications required :
• Ideally 5 years experience working within immigration (although we will consider less)
• ILEX, LPC or GDL qualified
• Good communication skills
• Confident telephone manner
• Solid negotiation skills
• Can manage heavy work loads
• Organised and good eye for detail
• Can work individually and as part of a team
Your benefits :
• Salary dependent on experience
• Flexible employer (early finishes)
• Working hours 9.00 - 5.30 Monday to Friday
• Car parking on site
• Excellent working conditions - modern offices
• Company benefits
• Dress down day on a Friday
• Progression route
• Professional qualifications paid for - Training Courses etc
*** If you feel you have the necessary requirements and think this would be a job you would LOVE, please send your CV immediately. Interviews will be commencing 6th March.
Contact Name: Leah Scoble
Contact e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tel No.: 01204 300612